POSITION OPENING FOR Senior IT Technician: - Download as PDF
IT Professional Opening
Company: TCSI Consulting, Ltd. provides Information Technology support to small and medium business in Terrace, British Columbia, and surrounding areas. TCSI is a rapidly growing IT service company that has a permanent, full time opening for a customer service-focused IT professional with managerial experience. We are team orientated and customer service driven company. Our focus is providing IT services to Terrace and surrounding community businesses who do not have their own technical support team.
Terrace: One of the best kept secrets in all of BC, nestled in the Pacific Coastal mountain range, there are beautiful scenic views in every direction. There are plenty of opportunities for those interested in hiking, biking, skiing or snowboarding, we’ve got you covered. Terrace is situated near Kitimat and Prince Rupert, both of which offer the prospect of all things Ocean related as well. For the outdoor enthusiast Terrace will not disappoint. If you’re raising a family, come and enjoy a community that is very friendly and supportive, lots of activity and sport options available.
Job Description: Your main responsibilities will be management of a client base that is assigned to you and the oversight of our technical team. This includes, but is not limited to: scheduled technical tasks, sales, project management and future planning. You will be expected to follow up and communicate with clients regarding all work requests. Subsequently, being a motivated self-starter is a must. You will also work closely assisting the rest of the TCSI team to ensure that all company projects are being completed. You will be able to aid in the Management of the Team and be the “go-to” resident expert for help and assistance. You will also work closely with the team to ensure they stay on task and assist with the management of the team. Team is the key word, working with our team of professionals allows you to diversify your knowledge base and know that you will never be stuck working on a problem alone.
Requirements and Qualifications: Hard-working, self-motivated, customer service orientated individual.
- Have the ability to explain difficult concepts to non-technical clients
- Provides exceptional customer service and maintains a positive relationship with all of our clientele
- Takes appropriate technical actions to ensure satisfaction in a timely manner
- Be able to coordinate and plan for future projects within client organizations
- Can handle a high stress work environment
- Must be highly organized and able to juggle multiple tasks at once
- Provide technical expertise and/or direction to team members and clients
- Act as a technical advisor to team members as well as directly with client decision makers
- Is exceptional at managing their personal time and staying organized
- Is passionate about IT
- Motivated by hard work and the prospect of a challenging task. Available for occasional weekend and evenings, and possible short notice calls
- Able to life heavy objects, up to 50lbs
- Possess a valid class 5 license and a reliable vehicle
- Installation, Setup, Configuration and Support of: Windows Server 2012, 2012R2, 2016 and 2019 environments, Windows 7/8/8.1 and 10 Workstations
- Extensive PC hardware and software diagnostics and troubleshooting experience
- Smart Phones/Tablets, individual and corporate setup and management (MDM)
- Strong Networking Knowledge: VPNs, VLANs, TCP/IP, Wireless Networks, network printing, Domain networks
- Exchange 2013, 2016, 2019 and Office 365 installation, configuration, migrations and management
- SQL Server installation, configuration and management an asset
- VLAN, iSCSI, SAN, NAS and DAS planning, implementation and design experience
- Active Directory design, implementation, configuration and administration. Certifications not required but must be able to demonstrate knowledge
- Linux or Mac hardware and software experience an asset
- Info Sec: security planning, implementation, and disaster mitigation
Education and Experience:
- Education: Business Administration or related field. Bachelors or Masters degree in related discipline as asset
- System Administrator, Network Administrator, Computer Systems and Computer Science or related program
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years related experience. Demonstratable experience a must
At TCSI we offer a competitive comprehensive benefits package including: extended health and dental, EHT coverage, life insurance, RRSP matching, paramedical and more. As IT is rarely a day time only job, we offer a flexible work schedule to be able to accommodate our clients, day or night.
Starting wage for the qualified applicant will be $75,000 per year, salary. Based on experience and qualifications with the prospect of advancement beyond the listed salary.
Following a review of the applications, a limited number of the most highly qualified applicants may be invited to proceed further in the selection process
How to Apply: Applications may be submitted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: IT Professional Opening